art of Tae Soo DoŽ was created as the undergraduate program to, and sports
version of Hwa Rang DoŽ. Since the Hwa Rang DoŽ curriculum is very advanced
and complicated because there is so much learn, it was often difficult for
an individual without previous martial skill training to progress through
Hwa Rang DoŽ. The Tae Soo DoŽ syllabus is designed to build a foundation of
physical skills as well as proper attitude for the nonexperienced practitioner.
This program helps the student understand the fundamentals, basic mechanics,
and philosophies inherent in martial arts.
The Tae Soo Do® Curriculum includes:
- Linear and Circular Kicking
- Linear and Circular Blocks and Hand Strikes
- Combinations: Kickboxing
- Practical self-defense Techniques
- Basic Joint Manipulation
- Basic Takedowns and Throws
- Basic Ground Fighting and Choking
- Weaponry: Ssang Jyel Bong, Jang Bong, Juk Do
- Beginner to Advanced Forms: Weapon and Open Hand
- Sparring: Light to Medium Contact
- Basic Acrobatics and Falling Techniques
- Stretching and Agility Drills
go to www.hwarangdo.com or click below for:
Online Instruction in the World's Most Comprehensive Martial Arts System
Note: Before Tae Kwon Do unified, KongSooDo and TangSooDo(SooBakDo) had
an organization name for a short time called the Korean TaeSooDo Association.
This name is no longer use by TaeKwonDo, and the meaning of this TaeSooDo
is the "way of body and hands". However, the meaning of modern Tae Soo DoŽ is
a martial art name that means the "Way of the Great Hand" or the "Way of the
Warrior Spirit". The Tae Kwon Do and Tae Soo Do® have no relation.